(Gen 1) HELM True Wireless Most Common Questions
How do I turn on and connect my HELM True Wireless headphones the First Time?
What if my left earpiece won't connect or pair to the Right?
Press and hold both smart buttons down at the same time for 15-20 seconds. You will hear “HELM On”, then continuous beeps. Release the smart buttons after you hear “Connected… Pairing”. Now your earpieces are paired together. Final Step: In your Bluetooth window on your device choose HELM True Wireless R.
What Causes The Left or right earpiece to occasionally drop out or lose a connection?
1. If you are in an office or a heavily populated location that has many other Bluetooth signals we suggest trying to move your phone as close as possible to the right earpiece. For Example, if you are walking with your phone in your back left pocket or tucked in to a purse or backpack that you are carrying on your left side try moving the phone to your right side.
NOTE: If changing your phones placement and position does not help, please do a full reset on your headphones. This process can be found at the bottom of the FAQ.
How do I turn off my True Wireless Headphones?
How do I charge my True Wireless Headphones?
The headphones charge while they are in the case. To charge the headphones:
- Place the left earbud and right earbud in the case, you will feel the magnet lock in each earbud.
- Press the center button (quick press), you will see the earbuds light up red indicating they're charging and on the outside of the case will display how charged the case is showing up to 4 blue lights (full case charge is all 4 blue lights).
Note: Once earbuds are fully charged their light will turn blue. Typically the left earbud will be fully charged first and after both earbuds are fully charged the case will turn off.
What if my Charging case is hard to open?
How long does it take to charge my True Wireless Headphones?
Will the case charge the headphones when it is not plugged in?
How do I charge the True Wireless Case?
The HELM portable case will store and charge your headphones when not in use.
CAUTION: Use this product only with an approved power supply which meets local regulatory requirements.
- Connect the small end of the USB cable "Micro USB" into the female connector on the left side of the charging case.
- Connect the other end into a USB wall block (not provided) or in to USB port on a computer that is powered on.
- Allow up to two hours to fully charge the case
- When the headphones are inside of the case, charging time varies
- When the case is fully charged, you can charge the headphones up to four times
Press the button on the front of the case. The battery level indicators glow for three seconds. The indicators glow according to the battery level as follows:
- If all four colored indicators glow solid blue, the battery is fully charged
- If only one indicator glows solid blue, the battery is low and should be charged soon.
Are Helm True Wireless headphones waterproof?
How to Reset your HELM True Wireless Headphones
How do the button controls work?
(Gen 2) HELM True Wireless 5.0 Most common questions
Updated First Time Pairing Instructions & Troubleshooting
1. Remove the LEFT Earpiece from the charging case. You’ll hear an audio prompt indicate “HELM ON, Power Level."
2. Now remove the RIGHT Earpiece and wait 5-10 seconds, the earpieces will pair to each other. When paired you will hear “HELM Pairing.”
3. Open your device’s Bluetooth Settings and select HELM True Wireless L, and you’ll hear the audio prompt “Connected." If a second pop up message appears asking to “Pair the Headset” or “Pair the other earpiece” with your device, dismiss this message on both iOS and Android. You are ready to go!
4. When you are finished using your HELM TW’s, place the earpieces back in the charging case. They will automatically shut off and start recharging.
5. The next time you use your headphones, remove the LEFT from the charging case, then the RIGHT, they will automatically pair and connect to your device. There is no need to open your Bluetooth settings.
NOTE: If you see two options in your Bluetooth Settings (HELM True Wireless L and HELM True Wireless R,) please restart the initial pairing process by:
1. Place the earpieces back in to the case for a 3-5 seconds.
2. In your Bluetooth Settings select HELM True Wireless L and select the option to “Forget This Device,” then select HELM True Wireless R and select the option to “Forget This Device.”
3. Now you’re ready to restart the initial pairing process again.
Troubleshooting: If you have any issues after your initial pairing, there are a few tricks to help refresh the Bluetooth connection and refresh the headphones:
Charging Case Reset: 1. Place the earpieces back in to the charging case. Next, forget the device from your Bluetooth menu and turn off your Bluetooth. Turn on your Bluetooth and follow the Initial Pairing steps above.
If connection issues persist, try the Optional Full Reset:
1.Place the earpieces back in to the charging case.
2. Forget the device from your Bluetooth menu and turn off your Bluetooth.
3. With the earpieces in the charging case, you’ll see both earpieces have a red light indicating they are charging. Start the reset by pressing and holding both earpiece buttons at the same time until you see the red light turn off, immediately let go of the buttons. The earpiece lights will now turn back on displaying red again. The reset is complete.
4. Turn your Bluetooth back on and follow the Initial Pairing instructions above.